Here is a more concrete - and amazing - application of the Minority Report fantasy that the Kinect enables.
A group at MIT has rigged up the Kinect to act as a controller for a web browser. Sort of like a touch screen, minus the touching. This video had me gasping and uttering expletives.
As the original article says,
This is clearly one controller that is not going to stay forever tethered to an Xbox 360, as Microsoft may have originally intended it to. We expect to see even more exciting ways to use a Kinect to control all kinds of things in the future.
Mayble touchless typing is around the corner.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades